What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Beauty vs. the Beast!

>> Friday, November 13, 2009

Beauty...Oh, the things that come to mind when I think of beauty!
A colorful sunset...
Roses, the rich aroma of roses...
Well, Flowers...any flowers. I love them!...
2 boys getting along, as loving siblings should, playing and laughing...
Laughter...Husbands and wives laughing together with their kids...
A home that is neat and de-cluttered, reflecting and honoring the Savior!

Now, the Beast...The things that come to mind when I think of the beast!!
A cloudy, dreary day that makes me feel gloomy...
Japanese beetles eating my roses...
Dead, weedy flowers...
2 boys bickering....
Strife between husband and wife...No laughter...
And A MESSY, CLUTTERED home that you can't find your own head reflecting in the mirror, much less the reflection of the Savior!!

So, I've had ENOUGH!!! I am not a terrible house keeper. My home is pretty much "clean" when it needs to be, but I am ashamed to admit that it is CLUTTERED!!! I am one who has a hard time maintaining things. I will clean and clean till I am satisfied for the moment, but then...

Now my other "problem" is my DH who also is a bit... well, clutter-y! His biggest thing is PAPER!!! He is a master paper hoarder!! Piles and piles, mountains upon mountains, of endless paper!!!! Why? Why? Why?

Between the two of us, plus two other living souls in our home taking up space, things can get a bit, well...

So, again, I've had enough! I'm on a mission (again) to end the life of this beast. This week I have gotten rid of pieces and parts of the beast, along with mountains of the paper beast. My husband has been "cooperative" so far. He has actually been helping with the mountains! What a miracle! But will it last?

The clutter beast is coming to an end in our home! Beauty will prevail...

Is that a sweet aroma I am smelling...?
Saint Shellie

Updates of this endeavor will be posted. Will the Beauty conquer the Beast? Check back to find out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP