What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

I Want To Be a Separatist!

>> Sunday, November 22, 2009

Being a part of a Church that is so large can be somewhat...lonely. When we started going to the Church that we attend, it was not so big. It was easier to meet people and be a part of things. I felt like I was among them and belonged with them.

But now, after 10yrs. of being a part of this Church, it has grown to be a mega Church in our city. Now I feel so lost in the crowd, a needle in a haystack. As a family, we aren't "connected" with anyone there anymore. Our family has been going down another path, one that has been different than our Church. BUT we ( mainly my dh) have not felt led to leave. I mean, where do ya go??? Where can you can find a group of people that want to serve God, even if it means giving up your comfortable lifestyle?

Well today, we visited a very small Church that was giving a presentation of the true history of the first Thanksgiving. It turned out that I knew the pastor's wife, who is a homeschool mom, and another homeschool mom. And it appeared to be full of homeschoolers. ~~~Sometimes you can just tell.~~~ :)

So afterward, I was thinking...These people were basically Separatists, just like the first Separatists leaving the Church of England. This small Church was filled with people separating themselves from the "Church of America." They were different! Not your usual " I'll go to church, but let me be" group.

My sons didn't know what to think bc they aren't used to this type of church. They're used to the praise and worship music, not hymns out of hymnals. So, they felt totally out of place. And I'll admit, it was a bit different.

But I have to ask myself, "Do I want to be comfortable, or fruitful?" "Do I want to be like everyone else, or do I want to go down that narrow(er) path that He's been leading me down?"

All I know is that I want to be a part of a Church that is not afraid to speak the Truth!!! Even if it means that you could be arrested!!! Call sin for what it is...Sin! Call wickedness what it is...Wickedness!!! The Church we are a part of has gotten so afraid to offend anyone!!! And I'm so sick of it!

So, I've decided... I want to be a Separatist! Of the Church of today's America. My prayer is that He would lead us to another Church... One that desires to live separately!!!
Saint Shellie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP