What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Two of My Favorite Christmas Movies

>> Tuesday, December 15, 2009

There are so many Christmas movies out there, and so many versions of the same ones. But out of just about all of them, my two favorites are...A Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life. This month, my son and I are reading A Christmas Carol and he is doing a lapbook to reinforce his learnings of the literature. This is the first time to actually read the story, so we are getting so much out of it. I love it so much because it is a redemption story...through Christ!!! Not only is Scrooge changed to "do good", but is actually born again!! That fact can't be denied in the story. And another thing I like about it is that it's never too late for redemption! No matter how old you are and how many mistakes you've made, Christ is ready to save you!! Of course, we are also watching one of the movies. My absolutely favorite version is Scrooge. Albert Finney plays Scrooge, and he is such a fantastic actor. And this is the version I saw as a child when our school class went to see it in the theater... in the '70s!! So, if you havent't seen it, try to find it and watch it with your family. It's great!!

Another favorite is It's a Wonderful Life. What a great movie for your kids to watch to see what it really means to "reap what you sow!" James Stewart is another great actor and this has got to be his greatest film. At least, that's my opinion, even though I haven't seen all of his films. LOL! Just to see how he put his wishes aside to help so many people in his community...And then to see how they come running to help when he was in desperate need! Sowing and Reaping! What a concept.

So, to reflect on our own lives... How can we change our ways to look more to the poor around us? What ways can we sow into other people's lives? Just a thought to ponder!

I know this time of the year can be quite busy. But how about get some popcorn and hot chocolate with your family and kick back and watch these movies. You may just get a new perspective.

Blessings to You and Merry Christmas,
Saint Shellie

1 comments:

Mrs A December 24, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Just popping in to wish you a Merry Christmas :) May this be a wonderful day!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP