What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Dealing with Emotions

>> Tuesday, February 16, 2010



Every day I wake up with a different emotion. I never know how or what I will be thinking and feeling when I awake. And it can be so frustrating!

The night before, I go to bed being thankful that the day is over and another is on the way. The Lord's compassions are new everyday, and I lean so much on that promise. Knowing that a new day is ahead, with new beginnings, is a refreshing thought to me.

BUT, when I wake up with so many thoughts and who knows what emotion, my day will sometimes not start the way I want it.

Some days I will be motivated to seize the day, but most days I'm either unmotivated, slightly depressed, discontented, frustrated, and sometimes even angry.

So, what's a girl to do? Taking my thoughts captive can be a hard thing to do. Especially in the mornings... before I have my coffee!! LOL!

I am thankful that I don't have to listen to my feelings, or be a slave to my feelings. But God has provided a way for me to conquer my emotions. For one thing, I can pray and seek His Presence and His Word to renew my mind.

Lately, I've been dealing with discontentment and frustration with myself and others. And the Lord has been dealing with ME about this, as well! These are little subtle sins that I sometimes hold on to, even when I know that I shouldn't. But like I said, God is helping me to see the deception of these sins. I am learning contentment, just as Paul did. I will post my thoughts on this in the next few days.

My emotions can sometimes take me by storm. It has been said that the wife and mother sets the tone in the home. So when emotions are stirring in my mind and in my heart, I know that the tone that I am setting is not so good.

Lord, help me with my emotions. Help me to gain control of my thoughts and feelings when they are leading me astray, so that I can ultimately glorify You in my heart and mind and in my home. In Jesus Name, Amen!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP