What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Making My Home Sing!! March 1st

>> Sunday, February 28, 2010

Making your home sing Mondays

This is my first time to be a part of "Home Singing Mondays" hosted by Moms the Word. This is such a great idea!! Thanks, Nan.

This week is my birthday week, so I plan to do some things that I've been needing to do and been wanting to do. First, the cleaning started this weekend. And I mean REAL cleaning!! The "get down and dirty" cleaning has been neglected for a while, so the house is desperate. I'm tired of looking at all the dust and grime everywhere. So... I'm motivated to work!!

At least, today! Tomorrow is my birthday, so the cleaning may have to wait. Maybe that's something the kids can give me~~ A sparkling clean home!! One son will do anything to get out of doing his schoolwork! Tee Hee! Hmmm, I must think about this some more...

Of course, I need to wash some of those "lost" clothes. They're lost in that huge pile in the laundry room. Hopefully, I can squeeze myself in there to get to the washer.

Another thing that needs to be done is the menu planning. I say this probably every week. But I tend to "wing it" more often than I like. Winging it just doesn't come naturally to me since I'm not a bird!!

So, you see, there are a lot of things that I need to do to make my home sing. We'll see how things go...After all, it is my birthday WEEK!! LOL!

3 comments:

momstheword March 1, 2010 at 1:04 AM  

Welcome! I'm glad to have you join us. I have to say I've had a few of those messy days (that can turn into a messy week, lol!) to where I'm having to find time to dig myself out. Posted a few pictures of it on my blog too!

We homeschool too and when they were younger my sons would ask to go to McDonalds or somewhere and I'd say I couldn't as I had to finish my cleaning. Guess who volunteered to help? ;0)

I need to get back to my menu planning too. Seems like I'm always saying that and I need to DO it.

Thanks for joining us and have a very Happy Birthday!

~ Nan

Lesa March 2, 2010 at 1:34 AM  

Have a happy, happy birthday!

Sharon March 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP