What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Thankful Thursday~February 25th, 2010

>> Thursday, February 25, 2010



It's nice to get back in to the habit of Thankfulness! Honoring God is my main goal in life, so I desire to magnify Him with Praise and Thanksgiving.

First, I am thankful, of course, for my Savior and Lord for rescuing me from the bondage of sin. He is teaching me so much about living a holy life for Him. I am grateful for His constant presence and my constant growing!!

Second, I am thankful for my loving Grandad, who had blessed me in so many ways in my childhood years, and now in his death, he has blessed me even more. As being a beneficiary in his life insurance, he has provided a way for my family to be able to purchase a new heating and cooling unit. If it hadn't been for the money from his insurance, we would not have been able to purchase a new unit. We have been desperate for a new unit, but no way to buy one. So, now we have a new one, praise God! Now we will hopefully have bills that are affordable each month, thanks to God and my Grandaddy.

Thirdly, I'm thankful that my husband is able to install the new unit, himself. He is so knowledgeable about things like this, that it makes it easier on us not having to hire someone else to do the job. Thank you, hubby!!

Fourthly, I am thankful for my kids and my new baby on the way. The pregnancy is going pretty well right now, so I'm thankful for that!!

Lastly... (not really), I am thankful for my blog which gives me a way to reach out and be a light to someone out there. I am hopeful that my words will bless someone and honor my Lord. May I encourage someone to pursue holiness and righteousness throughout their days through my struggles and triumphs!!

Blessings to all of His Saints out there,
Saint Shellie

1 comments:

Denise February 26, 2010 at 6:33 AM  

Blessings to you and your family, praying for your unborn baby.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP