What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Reflecting On the Cross~Sundays March 21st~

>> Sunday, March 21, 2010

Photobucket


As I reflect on the Cross of Christ, I am reminded of my complete dependence of Him! I've had a rough week this week, dealing with myself. And what I mean is, my "self".

The Word says,
"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, and demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there." James 3:13-16


When I am focused on "me" so much, and not on what is important, then confusion is there. And it says, "every evil thing"!!!!!! That's scary!

Jesus didn't suffer for me so I could just focus on me, myself, and I. He suffered so I could be FREE from myself!

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2:20


I long so much to be pleasing to my Savior, but how often do I forget that I was bought, and I am no longer my own. He owns me. And that is not a bad thing. It is so freeing to be...free!

That's what the Cross means to me, right now, today. Tomorrow I will have to remind myself of this, again!

Blessings,
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP