What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Reflecting On the Cross~Sundays March 14th~The Blood

>> Sunday, March 14, 2010

Photobucket


And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear, knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 1 Peter 1:17-19


Reflecting on the Cross makes me think of the precious Blood that redeemed me. What can wash away my sins? NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!!

Its the Blood that washes me, cleanses me, redeems me, sanctifies me, purifies me, protects me from my enemy, makes you and I saints in God's eyes, and ushers me into the presence of God. I could go on and on about the Blood.

Have you ever considered that if Christ hadn't died once and for all, we would still be needing to kill animals to have their blood be our atoning sacrifice! I can't stand the thought of that. And especially since it didn't do the job!! At least, not completely! When Moses read the Law to the people, he had to sprinkle everything and everyone with the blood of animals in order for them to be cleansed. Can you imagine having blood put on you? Honestly, it sounds gross. I'm sorry if that offends anyone, but I'm just not a fan of having blood being put on me. Its one thing to get a cut or something, but to have an animals blood on me just doesn't appeal to me.

But that is the way it was for the people to be cleansed for a HOLY GOD Who can not and will not stand for sin!! The Law was given in order to show us our complete sinfulness and to lead us to Christ and His Blood shed on the Cross. (Romans 7:13, Galatians 3:22-29, Romans 15:4, 1 Corinthians 10:11)

And according to the Law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Hebrews 9:22


I am so thankful that all I have to do is have faith in the shed Blood of Christ on the Cross!! He is my Redeemer, my High Priest. He owns me because He bought me with His perfect Blood. I am His forever and ever because of that Blood. And He is mine. I can say with John the Baptist,

"Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29


So, as I reflect on His Blood and what It means for me and you, I include a song to help us worship Him.

And remember, if you want, write a post on your blog about your reflecting on the Cross, then link it here on MckLinky. Then, leave me a comment.

Blessings,
Photobucket



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP