What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Reflecting On the Cross~Sundays March 28th~It's All About HIM!

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010

Photobucket


More of Him and Less of Me!! That has been my focus for this year. Wow, what a challenge.

Keeping my eyes on my Savior, looking away from all that would distract me, and thinking on the Cross, causes me to shrink in humility. My flesh gets distracted from whats really important... which is HIM!! Jesus, Yeshua, my Redeemer, my Lord and my God.

I named this blog Created to Bring HIM Glory, because that is what we are all created to do. Not to glorify ourselves and our "so-called" victories, but to magnify HIM in everything we do. That is my heart's desire, but my deceitful heart gets in the way!!!

I've been praying more and more that He would help me to see my selfishness, in the little ways that I put myself first. And that is a dangerous prayer. I've been humbled in so many ways, that its almost embarrassing. But...

Just as John Newton has been quoted to say, I like to say as well, "I am a great sinner, but I have a great Savior!" The more I get closer to Christ, the more I realize I need Him and His saving power and grace on the Cross!!

Resurrection Day is almost here. Our Savior lives and His death on the Cross and resurrection from the dead applies to every single day of our lives. Reflecting keeps us in focus, keeps us on the narrow path toward holiness, and should always keep us humble.

Reflect with me!!



1 comments:

Sharon April 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Amen! It is true that we so easily can put ourselves first and forget that we really can't do anything without God holding our hand.

May you and your family have a blessed Easter!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP