What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Controversial! Read at Your Own Risk!!

>> Saturday, April 3, 2010

I am aware that I may not have many, if any, readers after this post. But I will not apologize for this. My convictions are too strong to turn around now. So, here goes...


I title this,

Happy Easter?? What a slap in Christ's Face!!!


I begin with a quote from The Restored Church of God. org:

Most people follow along as they have been taught, assuming that what they believe and do is right. They take their beliefs for granted. Most do not take time to prove why they do the things that they do.


When my family and I learned of the TRUE origin of easter, we were stunned. The meaning of the word easter, the origin of easter eggs, the meaning and origin of lent, all are NOT Christian at all!!! They have nothing to do with Christ!!

Now, I will ask a question. And please consider it before you jump to answer. When we learn the TRUTH about something, and yet we DO NOTHING to change it, are we honestly PLEASING OUR SAVIOR AND GOD?????

This is a question that has been in my spirit for a while now. If one person doesn't stand up to speak the TRUTH, then how can we, as the Church, be changed??? How can we be SEPARATE from the world?? The Word says to
NOT BE CONFORMED TO THE WORLD, BUT BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF OUR MINDS SO THAT WE MAY PROVE WHAT IS THAT GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE AND PERFECT WILL OF GOD!! Romans 12:2


I know that I may be offending some people, but for the sake of my Savior, I have to speak up. My Savior suffered for me, not so that I could be deceived by the world, but so that I could be wise and alert to the world's ways. We, as the Church, have been duped and we don't even realize it!!!!!

Again, I say, we have been duped and we have been brainwashed to believe a lie!!! We have exchanged the TRUTH for a lie!!!

If there are any brave ones out there, I challenge you to research this for yourself. Don't take my word for it, look for it yourself. Ask the Holy Spirit, Who is the HOLY Spirit of TRUTH, to lead you to the truth of this. To help, I will direct you to this website. It gives a great outline and research of the origins of "easter" and the other paganistic rituals of this holiday.

Now, am I saying not to worship Christ tomorrow??? NO!!!! But I do say, be careful. Compromising the things of God with the paganistic things of the world does not please Him! Pagan worship and Christ worship DO NOT MIX!! When you go to Church and say, "Happy Easter", think about what you are saying. "Happy Paganism????" "Happy Worship of Baal?" "Happy worship of the goddess of fertility?"

AND THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE SAYING!! In essence.

We have chosen to say, "HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!!!"

And consider this... All of the Churches that are having easter egg hunts all in the name of our children's happiness and "fun"!! I just want to shout, "Do you realize what you are doing???" Obviously not!!

Another question for you, if you are brave... Do YOU study what your Bible says, or do you take whatever your human pastor says for the "truth"?? Are YOU brave enough to look up in your Bible what our HOLY GOD says about this?? I challenge you. I double dare you to let God speak to you from His Word. Open up your Bible and concordance and do some actual studying!! Am I trying to bash your pastor?? NO! But, I will say that he is fallible, just like I am, but God's Word is infallible.

And if you don't know where to begin, then check out this website to get you started. If you are brave!! And if you just don't have the time, then please watch and consider this video.


and


and


My prayer is that you would let the Lord search your heart, as I am doing, and allow Him to teach you the TRUTH about this. Paul, in the New Testament, tells us to admonish one another... that means to warn each other about wrong practices!!! We serve a HOLY God, who COMMANDS us to worship Him in Spirit and in TRUTH. I desire that. I desire to learn to worship with a PURE heart, not my way of doing things. My heart is deceitful above all things, and I know how my heart can lead me astray.

"Lord, please forgive me of wrong thinking and for allowing myself to be deceived. Thank you for revealing Your Truth to me, even though it has taken this long for me to see it. I pray for my fellow followers of Christ and I ask that You strengthen them to "be brave"."

Will you stand up with me and say, "Happy Resurrection Day!"? Make people notice what you are saying. Ask your pastor if he realizes what he is saying. Be bold, be different than everyone else. It won't be easy; people will look at you as if you are crazy. But should we be concerned about that? Or should we be more concerned about pleasing our Savior??

Here's another shocker for ya...

My husband says that we won't be going to Church tomorrow!!! What? No Church on the most visited day of the year??? That's right. He says that he is tired of the "easter" stuff. We will worship at home.

I have to be honest. I "feel" weird about that, but I like it.

So, Keep Pursuing HIM, Be Different, Be Brave!
Photobucket

2 comments:

The Real Me! April 4, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

I know that my husband and I were convicted years ago about the "Easter" baskets and all that stuff because it totally took the focus off the real meaning of this day. We don't do anything but celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior. No chocolate eggs, no egg hunt no nothing. It saddens me, like you to hear other Christians emphasize the baskets and egg hunts just because everyone else is doing it and they don't want their kids to feel "left out."
Bless you on exposing your heart.
Have a blessed Resurrection Day.
Kim

Saint Shellie April 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

Thank you, Kim, for your kind comment. I have to be very honest to say that it's scary to show my convictions when they are so against the culture. You never know what kind of response you will get!

May HE bless you and your family this Resurrection Day!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP