What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Gaining a Fresh Perspective~ Making My Home Sing

>> Monday, April 26, 2010

Making your home sing Mondays

Last week, my home was not singing very much due my attitude. Well, the first part of the week was okay, but by the Wednesday, nothin' was singing. I certainly was not singing, and my kids weren't either. Let's be brutally honest here, I had a temper tantrum!!!

Yep! I said it; I admit it. I had a down right temper tantrum about my son and his schoolwork. Why?

Mostly because I lost my vision and the proper perspective of education. Why do we homeschool? Well there are many, many reasons why we do what we do, but some days I forget!!!!

My son struggles, which then I struggle. I struggle inwardly with fear. Is he ever gonna get it?? Will he ever have a better attitude about his education?? Why is it always a battle with this kid??

I am learning (the hard way), that his attitude is a direct response to MY attitude!!! I am reflecting an attitude of fear of academic failure, which then leads to his attitude of hating to do his schoolwork.

God is gracious enough to show me my waywardness in this. He is gracious enough to show me my sin in this!!! And yes, I admit that this is a sin!! I have asked my son, and my Heavenly Father to forgive me. Now we are gaining a fresh perspective TOGETHER about education and the importance of OUR attitudes.

So, this week is all about gaining a fresh perspective on education and what God says about education. Are we singing? No, not really, but maybe a little humming!

Thank God for His forgiveness and grace!!

1 comments:

momstheword April 30, 2010 at 2:34 AM  

I had some of the same concerns with my oldest when he was younger. Especially in 5th grade when he was struggling with math. (There is something about boys and 5th grade math, lol! My youngest had the same problem in 5th grade).

His attitude about school was more "casual" than I wanted. However, his first two years of college he has carried a 4.0. and he has taken his college work very seriously.

Being a homeschooling mother, and a mother in general, we desire to see certain characteristics in our children and we desire to see growth in some areas. We despair that they will never stop picking their nose, or stop leaving their shoes everywhere, or get up on time.

Sometimes, it's just a matter of waiting until they grow up a bit, before we see the much desired fruit!

We have such a gracious Heavenly Father who is so patient with us and fortunately gives us His grace when we need it! (And boy, I need it a lot, lol!). Thanks for linking up today!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP