What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Join Me In the Party!!~Its a Blog Party

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

Welcome to my blog. My name is Shellie, but on my blog I call myself Saint Shellie. Not as a prideful thing, but as a way to show that I know who I am in Christ. From the world's point of view I am not a saint...definitely not. But in the eyes of God, I am a saint, as well as all persons who are in Christ. To learn more about this, if you are curious, go here. Otherwise, I will tell about myself.

First of all, I am a woman seeking to know my Savior, Jesus Christ, more and more each day. I am married to a wonderful man and have 2 great boys, ages 13 and 10. And in August, we are expecting another boy!! Wooh! Pregnant again after 10 years is definitely a different experience. I had forgotten what it was like! And at my age, well, things can be quite a trip!!!!

Along with being a helpmeet to my hubby and a mom to my boys, I am also a homeschool mom. I just started our homeschool blog to share our ups and downs with this journey. Hopefully to offer some encouragement to other homeschool moms and dads. And to the kids, as well. I am excited about this blog because I have always wanted to share what we have been doing and what we plan to do...if the Lord wills. I love to talk about my convictions and beliefs, and blogging is the perfect outlet for me. Being a homeschool mom tends to be a bit lonely at times, so blogging is great.

So, I hope you enjoy checking out my blog. I hope it will be an encouragement to everyone who visits. My prayer is that everyone would see that my desire is to glorify God, because its not about me. Its all about HIM!!

This is my first time to be a part of a blog party, so I'm excited about checking other blogs that are out there. So join me in the party. Go to 5minutesformom.com to join the party. Maybe we can have a chance to win some prizes!! The party officially starts tomorrow.

Blessings to you,
Photobucket

And before I forget, my prize wish list would be...
1. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls provided by Susie's Homemade Chocolates
2. A $100 gift eCertificate to Restaurant.com, immediately redeemable online at over 13,000 restaurants nationwide, provided by Earnest One.
3. For one winner a little extra something to use with your Nesting Pillow or on its own, The Nest Egg gives support for your head, arm, breast, or for a little extra height under baby’s head, provided by Blessed Nest.
4. $25 Target Gift Card! Provided by frugalnovice.com.
5. $25 gift card to Starbucks, provided by Feels Like Time.
And that's about it. Thanks everyone!!!

21 comments:

Tracey April 9, 2010 at 9:35 AM  

Visiting from the UBP 2010; so nice to "meet" you! You have a lovely blog and I look forward to learning more about it!

Emily April 9, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

Shellie, Thanks for putting this on your page! As you know, I have signed up for it! It looks like fun and it'll give me something to do (as if I don't have anything to do, lol) in the evenings! Am I supposed to put a prize wish list on my page? I see you have one. :)

Valencia April 9, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Stopping by from the party to say hi. Hope you're having a good time!!

Valencia April 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Just stopping in to say hello from the party! Hope you're having a great time!!

Stacey April 9, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Visiting from UBP '10 from http://imalazymom.blogspot.com!

Nice to "meet" you!

Melanie April 9, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Hi Shellie, nice to meet you at the Blog Party! I like the link you give to explain "Saint Shellie"!

I hope you'll come by my art blog and learn a little about me :-)
http://thecreatorspalette.blogspot.com

And congrats on this new little boy! 10 years is a long time, but clearly a blessing! :-)

Charlene April 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM  

Hi, Shellie,

Thanks for stopping by for the party! I love your site, it peaceful and bold, all at the same time. Congratulations on your new little blessing!

I'll be stopping back by to have a good look around, thanks again for stopping by

LivingforGod April 10, 2010 at 2:21 AM  

Congratulations on your newest blessing from the Lord! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. I like both of your blogs.

Quinn April 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM  

Joining you this afternoon from the UBP- congratulations on the new baby!! Hope you have a great week!

D and A April 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

Hello Saint Shellie,

Just stopping by from the party! Love meeting other homeschool moms.

Amy
http://missionalmamassoul.blogspot.com/

eLisa April 12, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

So nice to meet you! You have a beautiful blog! Thanks for stopping by Extravagntgrace.net / eSpeciallysimple.net.

Blessings!

Jen April 12, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

Hello, I'm stopping by from the blog hop. I love your background and header. My blog is called Be Thou Exalted. Love your title. I'm sure I'll be back!

momstheword April 13, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

Thank you for your sweet comments! I'm glad you joined the party. It's a fun way to find new blogs and make new friends.

Congrats on your little one! What a blessing!

Tina Hollenbeck April 13, 2010 at 11:59 PM  

Hi, Shellie, from a fellow Christian homeschool mommy! Hope you might be able to stop by my place (#225) this week: http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com/2010/04/2010-ultimate-blog-party.html.

JamericanSpice April 14, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I imagine it would be quite a journey.

I would love to homeschool, but we both have to agree first.

I'm visiting from the UBParty. It's nice to meet you :)

Have a great week and enjoy the party hopping!

Aloha!

Julia April 14, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

Hey! Found you through UBP 10. I LOVE following other homeschool moms, so I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts in the days ahead. Thanks!

Cascia April 14, 2010 at 4:40 PM  

Just stopping by from the UBP at Five Minutes for Mom. You have a great site. I would love it if you visited my blog and left me a comment! I'm looking forward to reading more and getting to know you better.

Cascia
The Healthy Moms
http://www.thehealthymoms.net/2010/04/welcome-to-healthy-moms-blog-party.html

Laura April 14, 2010 at 7:47 PM  

Nice to "meet" you! You're expecting your third boy? I have four!

Come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement.

bigguysmama April 16, 2010 at 2:56 PM  

I love that you call yourself, and other believers Saints! Don't worry about responding to my comment. I know about being busy. I have 4 kids of my own, 2 of which are still home. I can't even imagine being pregnant again, but I sure would love it! I hope your home schooling blog is an encouragment to other families in the same boat.

Blessings,
Mimi @ Woven by Words
http://wovenbywords.blogspot.com/2010/04/ultimate-blog-party-5-minutes-for-mom.html

HisFireKids.com April 17, 2010 at 12:23 AM  

Hello fellow homeschooler!
Wow there are ALOT of homeschoolers I am running into in the UBP

Amazing

I too love the Lord! He is awesome=)

Blessings to You
Lois
http://ParentingTwinsandMore.com

JillAileenJones April 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM  

Found your blog from the UBP2010 and really love it.
I am looking into home schooling this fall. Love the pictures of your kiddos as well.
Would love to have you stop by and follow me as well.
I look forward to following your blog and reading more.
Blessings
Jill
http://pathwaytopurpose-jillaileenjones.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP