What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Not a Happy Post!!

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Today was another day I long to forget. It was one of those days where patience, love, and kindness were not my strong suits. Shamefully, I admit this, knowing that I still have a long way to go!!!

I should have known that today was going to be testy when I read this morning,

A soft answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.

The tongue of the wise uses knowledge rightly, but the mouth of fools pours forth foolishness. Proverbs 15: 1-2

Part of my problem is that I allow my son to push me and push me until I lose my cool with him. Instead of being diligent to discipline in areas where he needs constant attention, I let things slide... until I burst!!

So, part of his problem is me! My lack of diligent discipline. My lack of self-control when I want him to have self-control. My lack of taking heed to myself when I want him to take heed to himself! When will I ever learn????

What a wretch I am! Who will save me from myself?? Thank God, He will, through Jesus Christ!!!

I am a great sinner, and He is a great Savior!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  April 25, 2010 at 7:36 AM  

I love reading your blogs...

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP