What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Shock and Recovery!

>> Friday, April 30, 2010

This has been a week I wish I could forget! One thing after another!

First, Monday, I received some discouraging news about my dad's health. Such a bummer, but God is good and faithful, and we are trusting Him through this.

Then, Tuesday seemed to be going okay UNTIL...

My son decides to do the unthinkable!!! A parent's worst nightmare!! Without disclosing any details to protect him, I will say that he made a horrible decision that put his life in mortal danger!!!!! And I'm not joking here! I don't think I have ever been so afraid in my life. I do believe that my biggest fear almost came true.

So, on Wednesday, I could not function. The shock and the "What IF's?" kept haunting me. My husband even said that he could barely function at work, also. Just getting through that day without coming apart at the seams was a miracle.

Yes, I was, and still am, thankful that God had His angels round about him to guard and protect him. If it had not been for the Lord's intervention, who knows what would have happened?

But, the SHOCK and the haunting thoughts of "what if?" keep coming back. By Wednesday night, I have cried so much that I was purely exhausted.

Now, by Thursday I was just about passed the shock stage... and into the ANGER stage. "What was he thinking?????" Does he even realize what he did and what he put his dad and I through? I don't think he quite understands the danger he put himself in. And yet, he is going about his day as if nothing even happened. So, I had a talk with him to explain how I was feeling.

My fears... My haunting thoughts... My shock... and now my anger. Did he understand? I really don't think he grasped it all. Maybe when he's a parent himself. Maybe then the light bulb will go off.

So, after we had our little talk, I felt somewhat better. I don't think he will be doing THAT ever again!! And maybe now he will think twice before he makes another crazy decision without asking his parents first.

Now, Friday is here, and I am having to plan a trip to my best friend's mom's funeral!!

How could all of this happen in one week?? My heart has gone through too much in just 5 days. The Lord promises not to give us more than we can handle, so I cling to Him for strength. He is Sovereign and Trustworthy. He is always Faithful and He loves me dearly... And He loves my son, my dad, and my best friend.

And I thank Him!

Here is a song that has been in my mind all week. I listened to the CD this past weekend, and oh, how it is what I was in need of this week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP