What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Staying on Track...Sort of~Making My Home Sing

>> Monday, April 5, 2010

Making your home sing Mondays
Well, my biggest problem is having a plan and sticking to it. I'm s-l-o-w-l-y and painfully planning ahead and trying to actually DO what's on the plan.

I have to admit that things seem to go more smoothly when there is a plan. Its so much better than "winging" it. The last 2 or 3 weeks I have intentionally planned our homeschool days, and things have been much better. BUT...

What about the days when your plans just won't happen??? Everything else under the sun happens besides YOUR wonderful plans??

Today was one of those days. This morning, I prayed that despite my plans, I wanted God to be in control of my plans. That whatever He wanted for our day, that was what I wanted.

Well, that is exactly what happened! Of course, nothing that I planned happened. Everything seemed like chaos. So, I ultimately had to admit that God obviously had other plans for me and my kids. The school work was accomplished, eventually, just not in my time frame. So, everything did finally work out, just not the way I would have wanted it.

I have to be brutally honest, though. Planning ahead does make things more peaceful and fruitful. I have been working on keeping a menu plan. Last week was an awesome week of meals that my family seemed to rave about. So, that was inspiring!! Enough motivation to keep that up.

So, if I could just get in the act of a daily cleaning/chore list and STICKING TO IT, then maybe things would be perfect!! Huh? Perfect? No. We all know better than that!!!

Thank you, Nan, for hosting such a motivational meme, so that I can get some hope and inspiration from others. I feel so much better knowing that I'm not the only one out there that desires to have a home that honors God, but yet still struggles in many areas. Yes, I have that "toddler" in me that peaks its little horrible head out occasionally, who wants to just do nothing but eat chocolate and watch some stupid movie, or be on the pc all day!!! Actually, I pretty much did that this past Saturday...!! Oops! But then...Well, I pay for it! It's amazing how much can pile up in just one day.

Blessings to all of the ladies out there that are on the path with me to have a home that honors God. May the Lord teach us all the glorious calling that we have as moms and wives, to nurture and serve our family with all our hearts with joy. Even while we clean those toilets!! LOL!

Now, back to those planning pages...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Emily April 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

Hi Shellie! I am so with you on struggling to keep priorities straight. That's the hardest thing for me to do lately. Thank God each day is a new day that we can start new and fresh and try again!

Cleaning is an obsession for me. I LOVE to do it, probably too much! I do hate dusting though. lol Things I do daily is run the vacuum and pick up stuff that's just laying around. It's amazing what just doing that does to a home each day. So if nothing else, at least you've run the vacuum and picked up a bit! Anyway, that's just what I do. :)

My struggle is spending more quality and fun time with my children. It seems after a day of school I just want them to do whatever and give me space. I feel horrible for feeling that way. Horrible. Selfish. I have been trying hard not to run to a corner and hide when we're done with school for the day. So yes, I am struggling with priorities. Thank God for the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

God bless you and the goals you plan to accomplish!

Tina Hollenbeck April 25, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

Hi, Shellie. I'm finally making it back here from the UBP - after I had bookmarked you as a place I wanted to revisit. And now I'm following you. :^) Looking forward to reading more!

Tina

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP