What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Fill the Freezer Challenge!

>> Monday, June 28, 2010

Making your home sing Mondays

As I am now on the last weeks of waiting for baby, I am facing the challenge of "what are my kids and hubby gonna eat?" when I'm not available??? I'm pretty sure that I'm not gonna be "around" to cook for the guys, so I need to make a plan to fill the freezer.

Honestly, I love this challenge. I think its fun. AND I'm gonna involve the kids to do some of the cooking, too. I've been saying for a while now that they need to learn to cook, so that when they are married they can cook for their wives. How nice is that thought?? My dear hubby is terrible in the kitchen!! He can clean rather well, but cooking is NOT his thing!! It's embarrassing to even think about it. So, I need to plan and provide some nutritious meals that are available at any given moment of hunger.

So, today I went and stocked up on some beef that was on sale at the local grocery store. I love doing that!! And my platypus learned how to brown the ground beef!! He did so well! I was so proud of him. Next, after it cools in the fridge, I or we will bag it up into individual bags for future meals. I like doing it that way, instead of making a whole meal to freeze. You can just decide what you want to cook, but already have the meat fixed. We will, however, make up some batches of homemade "chili" with the meat to use for mamwiches or hotdog chili. And then freeze that in individual bags. My hubby and older son love that.

Tomorrow will be spent teaching my other son, the linguist, how to brown more ground beef and how to chop some vegies for a Korean beef recipe. He will learn the recipe and how to assemble it to marinate in the freezer.

After that, I will come up with more freezer friendly meals that my sons can learn how to cook. I just love that idea!!

So, after all of the cooking and planning, I will be one step closer to being ready for our baby.

How are you going to make your home sing this week? Join Nan and the others at Moms the Word to share what you are doing.

Happy Singing Home!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Emily June 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Wow Shellie! Time is flying! How are you feeling? I always cooked a few meals ahead of time and froze them as well. Lasagna was one. Spaghetti bake was another one. Then people from church brought us some wonderful meals after we came home from the hospital. Very nice! Enjoy teaching those boys how to cook (home ec. class for school)!
Rest up!

momstheword June 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM  

Wow, how exciting to be getting so close to your due date!

I love having browned ground turkey in the freezer, and I also like having cooked chicken. Like you said, it's just so nice to have it there and have an option to make several different meals.

I also like to have a lasagna and a casserole (or two) on hand. Especially so that I can give one to a mom who just had a baby. To bad you don't live nearby (well, I assume you don't live in WA). Thanks for linking up today!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP