What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

I'm Having "Bubble Trouble"!!

>> Monday, June 7, 2010

Making your home sing Mondays
Have you ever felt like your mind was spinning with all the things that you need to do? I need to do this, and I need to do that, and I really need to do this, too. And all of it needs to be done right now!!

That is what bubble trouble is.

Bubble Trouble is a movie made by a homeschooling family that shows what it would be like if you could see everyone's thoughts... as in bubbles. It is a great little movie. There is one scene where the mom is shown with all of her "bubble" thoughts popping one at a time. And she was able to answer a question at the same time. Now, when I saw that, I had to laugh out loud, because it portrayed what I, as well as most, if not all moms, go through.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes through this. Some call it multi-tasking, but I call it chaos of the mind!!! Sometimes I feel like I have so much to do, but not enough time to do it all. And I know, we are not called to do everything, but there are so many things to do to keep things running smoothly. Just how smoothly do I want to keep things, is the question at the moment. And, what are the priorities?

Making my home sing with more and better organization, ending our imperfect homeschool for the year, planning for next year's imperfect homeschool, getting ready for baby, figuring out what to cook for my family tonight, laundry in the dryer, blah, blah, blah, etc., etc., and etc.!!! The list is even longer than this, but I won't bore you with the gory details. You get the idea.

The list seems to be never ending. And as I sit here typing this, I'm also thinking about what I didn't get done that really needs to be done TODAY!! Well, there's always tomorrow. Those bubbles will faithfully be there to remind me of their presence!!

Who needs to write things down when they have bubbles popping in their heads????

So, what will I be doing to make my home sing this week? Well, popping one bubble at a time, I guess!

Popping till I Drop,
Photobucket

1 comments:

momstheword June 8, 2010 at 1:43 AM  

No I haven't seen that but it sounds fun! I so totally know what you mean. It's amazing how the Lord made us to be able to multi-task and our hubby's able to compartmentalize. We compliment each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Have you ever found yourself dreaming and you wake yourself up and realized you were "working" in your dream? I have awakened from a dream only to realize that I was trying to solve a problem in my dream that I don't have in real life.

One time I was dreaming and trying to figure out how to make more room in this tiny little house that we had, and then I woke up and realized it was only a dream, lol!

That's just putting in overtime, haha! Thanks for linking up today and hears to bursting bubbles tomorrow!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP