What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Just Waiting

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

Well, I have just a little over four weeks left until baby is due. So, besides getting things ready, expanding in size, and trying to breathe, I am now just waiting.

Due to my history, my doc wants to induce me! History? Well, since my platypus came so fast, and since we were really close to the hospital at the time, but now so far away, she thinks it is wise to induce. She actually thinks I may not make it to the hospital in time!!!! Could you imagine??? I have a friend who gave birth to her 2nd child in the hospital parking lot!!! So, yes, inducing sounds great right now.

So, time is ticking away as I sit and wait...

Four weeks will be here rather fast, I know. So, I really need to get busy getting myself ready, our homeschool year planned, and our home decluttered and organized a bit.

Oh, and did I say, get myself ready?? I think that's the biggest thing. Am I ready for this? I haven't had a newborn in more than 10 years!! I hope I am ready for this. Oh, Lord Jesus, help me!

Okay, waiting can be so excruciating at times, but the time will be well spent. I think the time will pass rather quickly...

So, I need to get busy!

Right now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP