What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Okay, I Have A Confession To Make!

>> Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Well, here it is...

I shouldn't have joined the 90 Day Bible Reading Challenge!!!! There, I said it. I knew at the time that it would be difficult right now, but I did it anyway. Well, I read everything on the first day, but then the second day came around, and I just couldn't do it!!! There was no way I could read that much in one day. Not now. So, I am asking everyone to forgive me. I still love the idea, and I love challenges that motivate me. But the timing is all wrong right now.

Why?? Well, I'm in pain!!! Waiting on this baby is just about killing me. And I have so much on my mind and so much to do that this challenge is just going to have to be put on the side for now. I printed out the daily reading schedule and have it in my Bible. I WILL use it!!! I may not sign up to do it, but I will do it on my own.

Just not now!

Please forgive me for my lack of diligence when I had invited others to join me. Hopefully God used me, even in my weakness, to steer someone else to the challenge. That is my prayer.

Keep Pursuing HIM!!

1 comments:

Mrs A July 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM  

oh dear one, be blessed! I will keep you and yours in my heart and prayers. I'm excited for you and yours and I just wanted to say hi :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP