What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Remembering When

>> Thursday, September 23, 2010

Photobucket
Today I had a great conversation with a friend, just gabbing about this and that. And within the exchanges of somewhat funny, and not so funny, life experiences, I was reminded of how much I was saved from!!!

What do I mean by this?

While I was remembering when I did this, and when I did that, things that I am not so proud of, I am humbled and amazed that Jesus would save me! I don't deserve to be saved! I will never be able to understand why He would even want to save me.

I was bad! I mean really, really bad! And as John Newton said, "I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great Savior!"

I left my friend with a deep, deep love for my Savior like none before. I wanted to thank Him over and over, knowing that He loves me more than I can imagine.

Just to think how He saved me from myself!

Where would I be today, if it wasn't for HIM? And the Cross! My chains have fallen, all because of HIM. That's the Power of the Cross!!

4 comments:

MommaMindy September 24, 2010 at 1:11 AM  

Amen! I was saved at 18 and had a hard time going back to my hometown because of all the shameful memories. This summer I made a rare pilgrimage back and it was so healing. I blogged through the journey and my heart rejoiced in so much the same line - I am so thankful I am saved and that I am a new creation. The music is so beautiful, it accompanies your heart song so well! Rejoicing with you tonight,sister, in the joy of our salvation!

Robin September 24, 2010 at 5:31 AM  

Isn't it so nice to feel that way? It's indescribable the peace that you feel in your heart when you know God is with you. Not that He ever leaves us, though sometimes we feel quite lonely. Have a wonderful weekend!

Amy September 24, 2010 at 6:46 AM  

What a great post! This is one of my favorite things about being a Christian...knowing that Christ saved me from myself! Amen!
Stopping by from the Faithful Friday Hop! Have a great day!

momstheword September 26, 2010 at 7:54 PM  

That was exactly the message of the sermon today, who we are in Christ. It doesn't say He is able to save somewhat, and it doesn't say that He forgives a little. He saves fully and completely and forgives absolutely. Amen!

Thanks for linking up!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP