What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Counting My Blessings, Naming Them One By One~ Multitude Monday

>> Sunday, November 7, 2010

I have to admit, the way things have been going lately for me has made it quite difficult to stay in a positive mood.  Managing a new lifestyle with a newborn, getting used to my dh's new work schedule, keeping up with a homeschooling schedule of sorts, and then being sick for a week, makes life challenging.  Honestly, I feel as if I've been under an attack from the enemy.  Things just keep coming at me all at once, and I haven't been handling them very well.  Attacks from the enemy, or tests from my Lord?  I don't know.  All I know is, I need a new attitude.  I've gotten away from doing Thankful Thursdays, shamefully, so now I'm going to take on the challenge of recognizing 1000 Gifts from the Lord from A Holy Experience.  I pray that the Holy Spirit will open my eyes to see the little things and the big things that He blesses me with.  The simple things that get over looked and taken for granted.  Those are the things that make up life... the simple ways that God shows us that He is always with us.  But we just have to recognize His presence.  So, I start now, looking and seeing His blessings toward me...


holy experience

1.  Jesus, my Savior
2.  My Bible and the freedom to read it!
3.  Prayer... the freedom to approach the Throne of Grace!
4.  My dear Hubby
5.  My Black Belt Linguist
6.  My Platypus
7.  My new Little Arrow
8.  My mama
9.  My dad
10.  And yes, my in-laws!!

3 comments:

That Crazy Family November 8, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

Beautiful list! I too have had a difficult time as I search for joy yet here we are choosing to see!

Loni November 8, 2010 at 9:59 PM  

It's so nice to see you join One Thousand Gifts. I've known Ann for over 5 years and have been so blessed by her writings. I am sure you will be encouraged as I have and this is great to keep numbering our gifts . . .

http://wp.me/p97XK-28a

MommaMindy November 9, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

I'm thankful to hear you are continually turning your heart towards the Lord despite all the upheavals. When life throws too many obligations at you, make your priority decisions based on what you will regret more in the future. You will NEVER regret holding your beautiful baby. You will never regret snuggling up with a book and reading with the kids during school. Some of our best experiences have come in life when I have loosened my Type A rubber bands and allowed life to just happen around me in spite of my schedule.

But, I know the pain of disarray and know well what you are feeling. The Lord will speak, guide and comfort you in all these things. He allows the trials because He loves us and wants to perfect us! Praying for you this morning.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP