What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Much Needed Time Off

>> Monday, December 6, 2010

Making your home sing Mondays
The last couple of weeks has been a time of reflection and just plain ol' nothin".  What I mean is, a time to just do a bunch of nothin'. 

I have been so caught up in the frenzy of trying to stay afloat among all of the trials, that I was losing all sense of joy.  Just trying to remain calm amidst the storm, was becoming impossible.  So, with Thanksgiving and a week with my son being sick, I just used that time to relax. 

We put away all school work, along with a lot of the chores, (which we now are working on to catch up on) and just enjoyed ourselves.

Are we behind on everything?  Absolutely!!  But right now I don't care.  I'm okay with it.  We will get the things done that need to be done, but in God's timing.

I'm slowly learning to let go and let God decide what needs to be done.  Does that mean that I have let go of all responsibility?  No!  But, right now at least, I am relaxed about it all.  Will I be this way next week?  I certainly hope so.  I am so tired of fretting so much.  I'm just simply tired of trying to keep up with the Jones'!! 

Our homeschool is so far from perfect, as the name suggests, and I'm learning to be okay with it...Finally!!  I think!!  :)  My home is in a "functionally" cluttered state at the moment.  And right now I'm okay with that, as well.  So, my home is singing among the functional chaos and it's alright with me.

I've been having such a hard time for so long that I just needed to step back and reflect.  Trying to do everything with a new baby was proving to be impossible.  I can't do school like we used to and I can't keep up with the house like I used to.  I can't even keep up with daily meals anymore, but we are surviving!  We haven't missed a meal yet, it just may not be the best meal at the time.  So, my kids are learning to be thankful for what they get. :) 

Much needed time off!  And I'm thankful for it.

2 comments:

Lynda December 6, 2010 at 10:05 PM  

We all need a break now and then. In fact we will be taking a break from school for about a week or two. You just get to a point where you just need to take a deep breath of God's Love.

MommaMindy December 7, 2010 at 6:08 PM  

I loved this line - "So, my home is singing among the functional chaos and it's alright with me."

Thanks for always sharing your heart on your journey of life. Give the baby a kiss from Momma Mindy. I miss babies!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP