What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Well, Its Been a While

>> Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Man, its been a long time since I've posted anything!!  I feel so out of touch with the bloggy world.  And I really miss it.  I just haven't had the time to even open up my pc, much less type a post. 

So, what have I been up to??  Besides parenting, catching up on school work, trying to renew a sense of routine, I really haven't done very much. 

But, WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE???  What have I been doing??  Each week seems to just fly by with little to show for it.  Its amazing how a baby can change everything!! 

I've had to learn to slow down... to take in the small moments... to notice the little things that usually go unnoticed.  Like the times when my 11 year old son wants to just talk... and talk... and talk... and talk...  I am learning to stop and listen

I'm having to learn again how to stop what I am doing to give a baby what he needs... time with mommy to just hold him and snuggle.  To read a book or just to talk to him.  I do love our kissing sessions when he grabs my face with his little hands and gives me some big sloppy, drooly kisses!!!  By the end of all of the laughing and kissing, my face is so wet with what only a mommy could love...drool!!!  That's my little arrow.  And can you believe he's already 6 months old!!

This hasn't only been a time to get used to a new baby, but a time to get used to my Dh's new work schedule.  And boy, has this one been tough!!  After 20 years of the same "5 day a week" schedule, a swing schedule is a monster to behold!  I never can remember, even when I have the calendar in front of me, when he is working!!!  It has totally messed up my so-called schedule.  Plus its such a distraction to have him home so much!  Now, don't get me wrong, I like having him home with us, but my kids get behind in their school work, and I get distracted from my normal responsibilities.  For instance, he will be home with us ALL of next week!  So, I have to figure out what we can realistically get done with him around. 

BUT, there is some good news to tell!  Recently, I have gotten the decluttering bug again!  And I've been reaching far and wide to get rid of "stuff" that no longer is welcome here.  And how refreshing it feels to be rid of it.  Just today I took several boxes and bags to Goodwill.  I am on a mission!  Once the mood hits me, I'm on a roll.  I just need to stay on this roll for a while to declutter every room.  Then, its the maintenance that I really have to work on.  I will post about my progress!  Maybe that will keep me going, just so I can keep my word on that. 

So, there it is, my rambling about nothing much.  Just to be back in touch with my blog...

Smiles!!

2 comments:

Emily February 9, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

I've been wondering how you guys are doing! Sounds like life is going well and busy!! I can't believe your little one is already 6 month old! Time sure flies!!

THanks for the update! Glad you're doing great! :)

MommaMindy February 10, 2011 at 2:04 AM  

Welcome back! You were missed, but I know it was time well spent kissing babies and listening to adorable jabber-boxes. I have a few of the jabbery type. Yes, having Daddy around is distracting, Dad always wants to PLAY! Moms wants to be business. May you find a happy medium. Blessings to you!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP