What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

He Knows Me~ Multitude Mondays

>> Monday, March 7, 2011

 1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.
 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up;
         You understand my thought afar off.
 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down,
         And are acquainted with all my ways.
 4 For there is not a word on my tongue,
         But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.  Psalm 139: 1-4
 He knows me!  It's scary, but true.  Nothing passes Him.  I can't try to hide from Him, because no matter where I go, He's there.  To think that every thought, every ugly, and beautiful thought, is known by Him.  Every ugly, and beautiful word, before I even speak them, is known by Him.

And yet, He loves me!  He died a horrible death for me!  He bore God's wrath in my place!  Even when He knew the depths of my wicked heart.

How can I repay Him?  How can I even comprehend it all? 

And yet, He gives gifts... gifts beyond compare... gifts that we don't seem to even recognize, but still, they are gifts...

From the Almighty, Who knows.  The Creator, Redeemer, and the Lover of my soul. 

Gifts.


25.  Sweet baby sleep.
26.  Quiet during the sleepy times.
27.  Ceiling fans... to clear the air of all the smoke from my cooking...LOL!
28.  Kids cleaning the kitchen without being asked.
29.  Water~ you appreciate it more when you can't have it.
30.  My hubby's patience with me... ever forgiving me when I truly don't deserve it.
31.  Health... knowing that there are so many families dealing with horrible diagnoses that are so hard to bear. 
32.  Freedom... we may not have it soon!
33.  The sound of the piano being played by my son, who really enjoys playing it.
34.  The sound of his little brother "playing" the piano with him.  One day he'll learn to play a real song!
35.  Realizing the fact that my past is truly redeemed, and I've been set free from it all!!  Praise God!


So, join me in the journey of seeing 1000 Gifts from our Savior.  Until next time, keep Pursuing Him!


                                                                      

2 comments:

Craig March 10, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

I’m here from Ann’s – and it’s Thursday – but I love reading the lists and there were over 300 of them. It took me this long to get to yours. So true – he knows me – loves me – and we cannot repay him – and then there’s Grace :)

And when I read through the lists I like to think about it a little and pick a favorite – my favorite from yours was - 35. Realizing the fact that my past is truly redeemed, and I've been set free from it all!! Praise God! (because if I don’t have sins forgiven I can’t have Him, and if I don’t have Him – well – don’t even want to think about that)

I’m really glad I read you today. {smile}

God Bless and keep you and all of yours

Michelle March 11, 2011 at 8:26 PM  

Each of these gifts are amazing to me! Well...#28 sounds amazing...my oldest is 3 1/2 so she is stuck with silverware duty for now. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP