What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

I Am Saddened By This

>> Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Yes, we went to the big homeschool convention in the South East and had a blast.  We just love going to these things.  Not only do we get to shop for more curriculum, books, dvds, games, and the like, we also get to hear some encouraging seminars by those who have gone before us, and who are still on the path.  We had a great time!  And to tell the truth, we spent a lot of money!!  I LOVE books, my dh loves books, my kids love books.  So you can guess that we bought a lot of books!!  Among other things...

So, what is it that saddens me so?  Well, (with a big sigh), I am so sad to find out that Ken Ham and Answers in Genesis has been kicked out of these conventions!!!  WHY? 

For being bold enough to speak TRUTH!!  Believe it or not, in a "Christian" homeschool convention, he is accused of being non-christian, among other things!!  To get the full report on this ridiculous account, you can read about it here

I am so sick about this.  I am so sick of the Church willingly falling into the same old trap of the enemy!  I can say this because myself, and my family, fell into it.  The compromise trap.  Yes, we were deceived by our enemy, but because the TRUTH of the origins of the earth and creation and the age of the earth is NOT preached from the pulpit!!!!!!!  And by the grace of God, we learned of our errors, which in reality is SIN!  Then we repented of our sin, and decided to actually believe the Bible for what it says.  For what Jesus says in HIS Word.  I will be posting more on this later...


Any way, I am declaring that I am a young earth creationist, Bible believing Christian!  But why does that even matter?  Well, I will be posting about that, too.  Since so many Christians just don't seem to get it.  I realize that this may sound harsh, but so be it.  Truth can be hard to swallow.  I know it is for me sometimes.
 

So, I will leave you with this to ponder...  If your child was in the middle of a pool drowning, would you jump in and save them?  Or would you just stand there and yell to them, "Well, I thought you learned how to swim.  You better try to learn now, on your own, because I've got better things to do." 


I think we all know the answer.

And by the way, my dh got a picture with Ken Ham.  Without me!  What a shame.  Maybe next time, when we go back to the Creation Museum!!!

More to come...

(this post is also on my homeschool blog.)

4 comments:

The Real Me! March 30, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

We love Ken Ham. I can't believe this. I am off to read the article so I too can be frustrated. LOL!
Thanks for this post.
Kim

Erin J March 30, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

I think the whole ordeal is sad but a wake up call to us as Believers and as Homeschoolers that Satan is still on the attack trying to get his hold on our children. We cannot escape the fact that if we don't stand for something we will fall for anything. Ken Ham was not afraid to say what someone else should have said anyway. I mean he wasn't being rude or slanderous or unprofessional from what I read. He was just telling folks to look out. So its always those that sound the alarm that are punished huh. But anyway I am rambling. Just wanted to give you a little Here, Here. I look forward to your future post on this subject.

Saint Shellie March 31, 2011 at 1:44 PM  

Thanks Erin and Kim for commenting. I agree with you Erin, if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything. And Satan is definitely doing the same as he did in the garden..."Did God really say...?" And the church is falling for it!!! Just like Adam and Eve. It's the same old trick of the enemy. We are to be wise as serpents and gentle as doves. The problem with this whole thing is that our children's souls are at stake.

Tettelestai April 22, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

i have not read fully into this issue, but it is good for us to be diligent with information so we can fully understand what is going on even in the HS realm. i am looking forward to your post on the creation thing. my friend and i were just discussing this exact thing monday night. it is amazing what people can hold as truth without any facts :-(

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP