What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

Another Blog Party! Join Me!

>> Friday, April 1, 2011

Ultimate Blog Party 2011
Welcome fellow bloggers!  I just love blog parties, don't you?  Its fun to find new and interesting blogs that are out there.  So, if you are here for the first time visiting through the UBP 2011, then I shout out a hearty welcome!  I will introduce myself...

I am first of all, a disciple of the Lord and Master Jesus Christ.  I am slowly and painfully learning what it means to die to myself and live wholly for Him.  I call myself on this blog Saint Shellie only because I know who I am in Christ.  I by no means feel as if I'm better than anyone else, but just as the early Christians were referred to as saints even when they were living sinful lives, because they had been bought with the precious blood of Christ, they were saints in Him.  And so I identify myself as a humble saint in the Lord.   

Secondly, I've been a wife to my dear hubby for 20 years and a mom and home educator to my 2 sons.  And now at the age of 40 I have a new son, who is now 8 months old!  Whew!  That will either keep me young or ultimately show my true age!!  LOL!

This blog has been a way for me to share my joys and frustrations in sanctification.  God growing me up, in other words.  

So, some of the things I enjoy is blogging... (who would of thought?), reading and learning from those who have gone before us... a.k.a. the Puritans, Missionaries, and other biographies.  I also love to read fiction that has strong Christian content.  An example would be the Lamplighter Publishing books. 

I am a young earth creationist, believing the Bible beginning with the very first verse.  I love Answers in Genesis and our favorite place to visit is the Creation Museum

So, that's a little about me.  I hope and pray that whoever reads what I have to say here will be blessed and encouraged in some way.  As followers of Christ, we are called to be salt and light.  I hope my blog will be just that.

Now, its time for me to go check out some new bloggers.   And hopefully meet some new friends.

Happy Blogging!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Jamie April 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

Hi, Shellie! I found you from the UBP, (which I'm joining for the first time) and I'm so excited about getting to know other Christian moms out in the blogging world!
Many Blessings,
Jamie:)

http://creative-joy.blogspot.com/2011/03/joining-my-first-blog-party.html

Janet April 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM  

Stopping by from UBP! Nice to meet you. I look forward to reading more!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

DWYHomemaking April 1, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

I'm coming via Ultimate Blog Party! It's nice to see your lovely blog! I love your blog title and your goal behind your blog! It's so encouraging to meet fellow bloggers who are serious about making much of Christ. Hope you can check out my blog!

Don't Waste your Homemaking

Ostriches Look Funny April 1, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

Hey, I'm stopping by from UBP11. Nice to meet you!

JDaniel4's Mom April 1, 2011 at 2:32 PM  

Stopping from the UBP '11! I hope you have a great weekend! I love your blog layout and design!

cateetee April 1, 2011 at 7:09 PM  

Hi Shellie, visiting via UBP, which I am falling more and more in love with as I come across blogs like yours! I too am married 20 yrs...so awesome isn't it! Congrats, new baby, such joy! I have 5! hope you can stop by and visit, nice to meet you!
www.illyj.blogspot.com

Guiding Light April 2, 2011 at 12:03 AM  

Hi! Stopping by from UBP and now following you. Blessings!

LaVonne @ Long Wait April 2, 2011 at 2:20 AM  

I am a YEC as well. I'd love to go to the Creation Museum. I am doing preschool homeschool right now. We are loving it.

It is nice to meet you on here during the UBP11 hop. Stop by and say hi anytime!
Long Wait For Isabella

Lee April 2, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

Just here from the UBP. I love that you've been to the Creation Museum. I'd love to go there some day. Great blog!

Stefanie April 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

Hi,
I'm from the Ultimate Blog party. I love how you shared a Shorter Catechism question...and I like reading the Puritans too. I share lots of quotes from them on my blog:-)
Stefanie

Jennifer Sikora April 4, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Visiting from the UBP!

Looking forward to reading more from you!

Blessings,

Jennifer
For Such a Time as This
www.jennifersikora.com

GLENDA CHILDERS April 4, 2011 at 6:16 PM  

hi Shellie,
Lovely to meet you and your blog through UPB. This is my first year and I am finding many wonderful blogs, like yours.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey # 269

Tina Hollenbeck April 4, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

Hi! I'm stopping by from UBP - I'm #73 (Being Made New - http://tinahollenbeck.blogspot.com) on the Christian list. Very nice to get to know you a little - I actually think I saw your post on the UBP last year - and I hope you might stop by my place this week, too. :^)

Wendy April 5, 2011 at 5:28 AM  

Found you on UBP'11! I looke forwarding to reading more about homeschooling! I am now following you.
~ Wendy @ www.choosinglove.net

Lisa April 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

I’m a new follower from UBP11. I just wanted to say hello.

Lisa
www.LisaBlogs.com

The Sierra Home Companion April 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM  

Shellie,
I am stopping by from the Blog party. Your "about me" sounds familiar. I look forward to following you. Blessings.

Jessica April 7, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Howdy!

I also really like to read!!

I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

Have a very blessed day!! :0)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP