What Is Man's Chief End?

Man's chief end is to glorify God, [a] and to enjoy Him for ever. [b]
[a]. Ps. 86:9; Isa. 60:21; Rom. 11:36; I Cor. 6:20; 10:31; Rev. 4:11
[b]. Ps. 16:5-11; 144:15; Isa. 12:2; Luke 2:10; Phil. 4:4; Rev. 21:3-4
THE WESTMINSTER SHORTER CATECHISM
Every new believer has been set apart by God, separated unto God to be transformed into the likeness of His Son, Jesus Christ. In this sense, every believer is a saint- a person separated from his old sinful way of life and set apart by God to increasingly glorify God as his life is transformed! Jerry Bridges in Respectable Sins

I Really Hit That Floor Hard!

>> Thursday, April 28, 2011

As I woke up Wednesday morning, I felt really heavy.  Not sick, just heavy.  I knew I probably would feel like I had the flu since I was experiencing mastitis symptoms again.  I had taken a pain pill to get me through the night until I could call the doc the following morning.  But before I could make that call... I hit the bathroom floor!

Yep, I passed out in the bathroom.  Actually before I even made it to the bathroom, I started feeling like I was going to faint.  Weak legs, tingling arms and hands, tunnel vision.  And boy, was it scary!  I barely made it, but by the time I got in the door, my legs gave way.

But since I did not have the common mastitis symptoms I was told to go to the emergency room.  Wow, 4 hours in the emergency room getting pumped with fluid and an antibiotic was tough.  And finding out that apparently it was just a severe mastitis infection,  I was annoyed because I could have just called in for an antibiotic.  The docs in the emergency room seemed to have a hay day at talking down to me as if I didn't know what I was talking about.  After all I have had mastitis twice before.  I know what its like.

The whole ordeal was a fiasco.  At one point I thought maybe I was having heart issues, because I seemed to be having symptoms of a heart attack, but yet that extreme soreness was there.  (Nursing moms know what I'm talking about.)  So, I didn't know what to think. 

But, thankfully, things are on the mends now.  Today is the 2nd day of antibiotics and a lot of rest.  I am beginning to feel normal again. 

I have fainted several times in my life, and it is never fun.  The way it is shown to be on old movies is not real!  Its horrible and you feel horrible afterwards.  I pray that it never happens again!

1 comments:

Tina Hollenbeck April 28, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

Glad you're on the road to recovery! I've never had mastitis myself, but have low blood pressure - and every once in a while it plummets enough that I pass out. Hasn't happened recently, but once when I was pregnant, it happened in a Walgreens! I'll pray you'll be perfectly well very soon.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I will do my best to reply in a timely manner. Keep in mind that I am a busy, homeschool mom and wife, so please give me grace if I am not able to respond quickly.

Remember that this is a Christian blog, so I will not give any time to rude, inflammatory, or gossipy comments. We can agree to disagree, but only in a loving, Christlike manner.

Blessings to You,
Saint Shellie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Watch This Cool Dynamation From Kids4Truth

View the Watchmaker Dynamation

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP